Who we are
Charlie Goldsmith Associates (CGA) is a UK and Malawi-registered company established in working for the alleviation of poverty and promotion of human development using targeted, quality disaggregate data to support partners in practical administration and strengthen monitoring and management of information, resources and service delivery.
We have been active in Malawi since 2015, supporting basic services and information management systems in the social development and education sectors and with local government. We are currently looking for a Junior Tech Associate/Developer to join our growing team based in Lilongwe and support the tech development needs of current and upcoming projects.
Title: “Junior Tech Associate/Developer”,
In some occasions the postholder may be responsible to meet directly with clients and assist with the gathering of information for system development. The postholder may also be responsible for generating documentation about the system being developed and should be capable to write clearly.
The postholder will also be involved on the ‘coding’ activities for various stages and projects with the wider Tech team and provide support and ongoing maintenance under the Malawi Tech Lead’s guidance and supervision.
The postholder will be line managed by the Country Coordinator for all administrative and HR functions. The postholder will be supported and supervised by the CGA Malawi Tech Lead for all technical tasks and capacity building functions in-country, as well as have direct access to remote Tech team members for technical and capacity building support.
- Malawian National or if not, that have unrestricted right to work in Malawi
- Fluency in Chichewa/National languages
- IT degree and/or experience
Required skills: Technical skills
- Proven Development skills (portfolio), ideally Android/java app development and PHP website work.
- Able to perform administrative duties and perform complex queries for reporting.
Required skills: Soft Skills
- Strong analytical skill, ability to understand requirements and produce results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chichewa
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team and be a fast learner
- Experience in training and supporting non-IT specialist users (clients)
- Adaptable & likeable (it’s a small team)
Terms and Conditions
Plenty of opportunity to develop technical competency with competitive remuneration
Applicants should send a CV and Cover Letter outlining their relevant skills and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th February 2020